Pillowcases  

Posted by: anna* in ,

No food today. Well, at least not here.

I spent the weekend with sewing inbetween checking for updates from Fukushima.
Pillowcases I made. And stamps for decorating them.





My material: kitchen towels, the kind of linoleum you use when you´re feeling artsy.












Cut towel. I used most of it for these 35cm pillowcases (made to fit the little babyblue pillows you get for little money at that one big swedish furniture store...)












Pinned together with pins.
















Still only pinned. I always need to make sure everything really fits so I put the pillow in. Fits.















Sewn. It´s one single seam really because the towels are already seamed. The flap is already nicely seamed, inside and out. Less work=more fun.













My materials pt.2. The stamps (5 of them), fabric paint (black), a roller that came with my linolum kit, old newspapers to protect my pretty floor, old newspapers to put inside the pillowcases because the paint bleeds through, rubber gloves.














My stamps. The yellow one is cut from foam rubber. I wanted to try both. My favorite is the dancing monkey.














Here we go. I kinda like them. Now, what can I do with ten pillowcases?

















The fruits.












Well, that was easy once again. I hope you don´t mind that this isn´t really a tutorial... I´m betting there are people out there that can explain how to sew a pillowcase much better than me.
Next will be more food, I promise.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 21, 2011 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Love, love, love them!!!!
I want one!!!!!!

Die wichtigere Frage ist doch: Womit trocknet ihr denn jetzt euer Geschirr ab ?!?!?

Ist die Farbe waschmaschinenfest?

conny, pick a color/fruit and it´s yours.:)
jenzi: keine panik, hier wird kein geschirr abgetrocknet, das wird jetzt gepustet.

die sehen super aus *A* gar nich mehr wie geschirrhandtücher :D

Post a Comment