Halloween Cupcakes  

Posted by: anna* in , , ,

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Everyone!!!
Long time no see! Sorry about that, but University & work keep me pretty busy. I´m cooking and all but lack the time to post. I promise this`ll get better.
Today I am going to have a little halloween fun with some friends and this is what I´ll bring:

It´s Martha Steward`s White Sheet Cake made into bright orange minicupcakes.
Ingrediences:
Cupcakes:
1 1/2 Cups Butter (roomtemperature)
3 Cups Flour
2 ts Baking Powder
1 ts Salt
2 1/4 Cups Sugar
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
1 Cup Milk
8 Eggwhites

Frosting:
80g Creamcheese
60g Butter
2 Cups confectioners sugar

Since it´s Martha Steward`s go here for instructions. It´s real easy, though. The frosting recipe I found at all-about-cupcakes.com, really easy as well.
I used Wilson`s frosting colors and liked them. The orange works great in the cupcakes. I tried to make black cupcakes before this but they ended up looking grey and dead and not in a good way. I also bought the little sugar bats and pumpkins, before anyone asks me whether I made those myself.
Apart from coloring Martha´s recipe and misusing it for minicupcakes instead of making "a festive flag cake" I also added lemon flavor for a little twist (which would have been better with black cupcakes, though...). Not real lemons, just flavor since I´m allergic. And this time I only used half the recipe because I don´t need a gazillion minicupcakes. Works great. And they´re so tiny and cute. Just one bite. I love minicupcakes.





The dough in my bowl.












Before baking.


















A pile of minicupcakes.






What did everyone else make for Halloween? I´d love to see...
No german this time. I think I´ll let that be completely. Anyone against that? Opinions welcome!

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

It´s alive!!!!

>>Long time no see! Sorry about that,
>>but University & work keep me pretty busy.

So, just skip university, then! What´s the big deal anyway?

>>I don´t need a gazillion minicupcakes.

Yes you do! So you can give them to me, duh!

They look really tasty. Thank you for making my mouth water. When I eat my frozen pizza tonight I will think about some real food.

Did you pipe the frosting on? It looks so perfect and pretty <3

pretty yummi they were!...:)

sara: yes, I did. couldn´t have done this elsewise... i really want some more decorating tips, though...^^

Post a Comment