Food according to Mire. And me.  

Posted by: anna* in , , , , ,

Woohoo! First real post. And we worked pretty hard on this one. Us being me and my dear friend Mire. We wanted to start our Blogs with some kind of Bang!
Here´s what we spend the better part of yesterday with:

Guess what, it´s food. This is the filling for Gyouza, yummy potstickers. Originally these are chinese but the japanese adopted them, probably for their yummyness.
We both fill them differently usually so we went with something new. The filling consists of chicken ground beef (we used two breasts which turned out to be too much in the end), mixed with a Tablespoon of red Misopaste, some grated Ginger (as much as you like), some Oystersauce, a pinch of Salt. In the second Bowl there' s bok choy, chopped real small and sprinkled with salt to get the liquid out. It was mixed with the chicken stuff in the end before I filled the Gyouza.






I´m usually lazy and just buy the pre-made gyouza wrappers but Mire made the dough herself. She already had it prepared when I came so I only now that there was Flour and Water in it. She made a huge dough sausage from it, cut it into little pieces and then rolled these out into flat little tortillas.







I had the pleasure to fill and fold them. I love that, it´s almost Zen. And the dough felt so soft...





They didn´t turn out to be the prettiest Gyouza I´ve ever made but they had character. And maaan were they gooood! I´ll post a how to make Gyouza another time.
We also made a simple but very tasty Corn Soup, chinese Style. It was one can of corn, pureed. (i guess if you´re fortunate enough to live in a country that sells canned cream corn you can use that as well) We added four cups of water and 3 teaspoons of granulated chicken broth. To make it thicker we added starch. The recipe said one teaspoon, we had to take two. Then we whisked up two eggs and poured them into the whole thing, while stirring with a wire whisk. That´s it.


What else? Oh right, I made Tofu. Find out how to here: Tofu! We made a yummy tofu/bean salad with it, recipe basically by Kurihara Harumi.
The Tofu was dressed with 1 Tablespoon Soysauce, 1 Tablespoon Mirin, 1 Tablespoon of Sugar, 3 Tablespoons of Sesamepaste and some Dashi. Mix, pour over cooked beans, ready.




Last but not least: Fried Rice with RaYu. RaYu seems to be the lastest in Food in Japan. There are different types, we used a recipe from our japanese-food-bible "Orenji Page" (Orange page), a magazine. It´s called Umari rich RaYu.


It´s basically oil in which you fry garlic, onion, red chilli peppers, konbu and bamboo and then add honey and salt. It smells like a whole meal, so yummy and it´s perfect on fried rice (for which we only used two eggs, red bell pepper and some corn).





Wow, that was long. It´ll be shorter next time, I promise. And German, too.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Ohhh my gosh everything looks FANTASTIC. Especially those gyouza, yummm! And I love how you guys made everything yourselves, even the gyouza wrappers and the ra-yu. So great!!

Ra-yu really is THE COOL THING in food in Japan, lol! I had never heard of it before I went this summer but then my aunt was like "Try this it's SUPER POPULAR RIGHT NOW." And it was delicious.

Wow.
ich hätte gern so einen Gozer probiert.

Sooo lang war das gar nicht.
Die Bilder sind super.

Wo ist Mires Blog?

JeNsO

awww, thanks.^^ it was real yummy, too.i would have never nothered to make the gyouza wrappers myself but they turned out so good! and the ra-yu... i tell you this was... the smell of it alone would have kept me happy all day.
i really wonder wht´s up with the japanese and their food-hypes, though... last year it was strawberries, i think. how did you eat it? i hear there were ra-yu onigiri?

Gozer hattest du schon mal, auch bei Mire...Nur mit etwas anderer Füllung.
Merci, ich freu mich so über die Kamera.hehehe...
Die arbeitet noch an ihrem, ich hoffe, das kommt bald.

Ummm I think I just put it on some plain rice, I don't really remember. I do, however, remember the it-was-delicious part. XD OH MAN, ra-yu onigiri would be awesome!! *3*

Post a Comment